Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oy, the anticipation!

I'm hesitant to say too much, lest I wake up from this dream.

What I will say is that I made the short list and had a nice conversation with one of the guys in charge of the Stumpjumper Trail Crew. No official word yet, so absolutely no celebrating.

What I can't help but think about is how this next year will pan out, if I do win the bike. Naturally there will be pictures, videos and written descriptions of the bike being built, initial short rides (we already got some snow yesterday, so epic rides in Montana are pretty much shut down), and some riding in snow when I really should be skiing. But I also feel that I'll be getting wrapped up in endurance races- 24 hours of Rapelje solo? Probably- done it once but I've been itching to do it again (thanks to @boneshakerbike for the post). Butte 100? I said I'd do it this year but a broken wrist put a damper on "training" (I should insert my standard disclaimer here: I don't train. I just ride.). And then there's the 3rd annual Montana Backcountry Bicycle Fest (look for a dedicated blog for that soon). Anything else? I'll take suggestions, as long as you don't ask me to ride in the Berkeley Pit.

Hopefully I'll hear soon. As it is it'll take months for my fingernails to grow back.

-John

1 comment: