Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finally!

For the last month or so I've been a little evasive, at least online, about something going on with me involving a bike. As of yesterday I can finally divulge the great secret.
A little while ago I submitted my application for the Stumpjumper Trail Crew. I promptly tried to forget about it as I went along with my daily life. My ability to forget disappeared when I got the call from Tan at Specialized (@iamspecialized) notifying me that I made the short list. For the next few weeks I was especially tense (partly because I was looking forward to my vacation to NY).
Well, I made it. And this Monday, my bike arrived. A 2010 S-Works Stumpjumper and a bunch of gear to go with it. I've never had this much bike before- and on the inaugural jaunt around town and up to Pete's Hill I can say that this thing is incredible.
The bike is not the only reason for my excitement- the opportunity to let my passion take me in a different direction, open new opportunities, ride new places and especially to meet new people is especially intriguing.
As of today I haven't been able to take the new bike for a real ride. We have a bit too much snow and mud on the trails right around Bozeman to even go for a night ride, so the maiden voyage will take place Sunday at Pipestone. Naturally, I'll take tons of pics and probably some video.
If you'd like to check out the Trail Crew site head over here.

P.S. I now have a 2008 Stumpjumper Comp for sale.

4 comments:

  1. There will be video this weekend. Lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but will the video be on par with the quality of the last alleycat footage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey as long as we keep the camera away from you there will be :)

    Admittedly, the footage from Velo de los Muertos was pretty dang good, considering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations John. This is GREAT news. I hope to make the trek to Montana to ride with you. Maybe with a little luck Specialized will see fit to add one more rider to the Trail Crew. I'd love to put the Specialized bikes and gear thru their paces.

    Maybe we can rendezvous for a ride at Fruita, Moab, or even see if we can qualify for the Leadville 100.

    Congratulations again. I look forward to your stories, pics, videos and whatever else comes from your Specialized Trail Crew experience.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete