Monday, November 2, 2009

Freedom! (SJTC)

(as posted in the Stumpjumper Trail Crew Blog)

Bikes=Freedom.
That pretty much sums up why I ride. From my first Ross to my Schwinn Predator to my Dad’s old Deluxe Varsity to the baker’s dozen of mountain bikes I’ve had the simple act of pedaling two wheels has always brought me freedom.
My first mountain bike was an exercise in defiance- I had taken money saved for car insurance and bought a mountain bike instead. But that simple act was the first pedal stroke down the singletrack of Mountain Bike Enlightenment.
Ok, I admit, that’s pretty corny. but this is my story and I can tell it any way I want. Essentially what happened was that mountain biking brought me freedom (if only temporary) from daily struggles while also introducing me to some of the best people I’ve met and some of the best trails I’ve ridden. And that is what I’m excited to share with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Specialized is trusting me with a bike an a place to share my thoughts. The bike will get mentioned, but what I’m more excited about is sharing my thoughts on places to ride, people to ride with and events to ride in.

No comments:

Post a Comment